Saturday, April 16, 2011

Energy Boost

Saturday mornings are rough. I spend all week dreaming of sleeping in Saturday morning, and then all I get is an extra half hour to make sure I can eat a decent breakfast and not throw up during locust or floor bow.

Today the orange furry alarm clock started in at 6:30. I was able to put her off for an hour, but by then the pooches were on the same page as the cat, and it was time to get up and feed everyone breakfast. When I got to the studio a little before 10, I still wasn't quite awake yet. All I really wanted was to go back to bed, and any other day I would have talked myself out of going.

Morning classes can be frustrating because my body is still stiff, and not as bendy as it can be in evening classes. My back especially was tight today, but once I let all of that go, I did pretty well. By the end of class I was feeling like I usually do, plenty warmed up and able to get to my fullest expressions of each posture. Standing bow I even maintained for the majority of the second set. I like working on toe stand. It's funny, I have an easier time balancing on my right foot in toe stand, when that is the more difficult leg for me to balance on when standing. Maybe it just feels better because I have lower expectations for that side.

Speaking of low expectations, I think that's why class went so well today. I went in not feeling it, thinking it was going to be terrible, and I left pleasantly surprised. As an added bonus, I had a lot more energy when I left class than when I arrived.

1 comment:

  1. did you have enough energy to go home and clean your house? :)

    ReplyDelete