Thursday, April 14, 2011

Only a Few More!!

Today's class was pretty great. I was a little dehydrated, definitely had one too many cups of coffee today. But the room was warm and I was nice and bendy.

It was pretty easy to leave the outside world behind when I walked through the doors. Nothing terrible happened today, nothing wonderful either. Once in the yoga room, it was just me and a big mirror. Nothing to prove to anyone else, no competition to win. Just 90 minutes to do the best I can in 26 postures. Not the best ever, just the best I can that day.

Awkward felt really good today. The second part where you stand up on your toes was super hard, but I feel like I'm improving. And half of standing bow also felt good - I'm making improvements on both sides, but my right side is a lot better than my right. I'll get there, though. Balancing on my right leg is steadily improving. Toe stand is coming along as well, though slowly. I like that when I do toe stand, my ankle is better prepared for fixed firm. And I get a good ab workout using my core to balance!

I really enjoyed the spine strengthening series today. There's something in half locust I don't quite get sometimes, and when I figure it out I'll let you know. Some days I can get my legs up there, some days I can't. But I still just don't know the difference between the two. Full locust felt really good though - I was totally a jet airplane!


Overall, when I left the studio tonight, I felt good. I worked hard. I did some things well. My butt was sore. My clothes were soaked. And I was ridiculously hungry and ready to go home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment