Saturday, April 2, 2011

Open House and Yin Yang

I probably should have done some yoga at home yesterday to keep myself loose, but I didn't. My legs were SORE after class with Vicki on Thursday. It's good though - means I'm building :)

Today was the big Anniversary Open House at Hart Yoga. It was fun! The room was PACKED with people, but I rather liked it like that. I'm not as used to Yin Yang as I am with Bikram, I think this was my second or third Yin Yang class. It's definitely a change! My arms get a lot more fatigued, and I never really know what's coming next. It's good to switch things up though.

As I mentioned, I was tight and sore going into class, especially my legs. They were so shaky through the whole class and made holding lunges for all the warriors very challenging. It definitely made me more aware of both my legs though, and made me put more of an effort to keep my weight disbursed evenly whenever possible.

I really liked the energy in this morning's class. There were a lot of new people, and a lot of experienced people, and it seemed like everyone was there to enjoy themselves. And since I got there a little late, I was front and center in the room! But I think it worked out for me because I was able to see myself clearly in the mirror and focus on my own practice. And when class is started with the promise of muffins after, what's not to love?

While I don't *love* pigeon, today it felt really good! It helped me get deep into my hips and stretch them for awhile. It felt better on my left side than my right side, perhaps I positioned myself a little differently, but either way, it was enjoyable today.

And when I was in child's pose, Kate came over and pushed down on my back a bit and it felt great! I got a few seconds of a mini massage, and it was just what my aching muscles needed.

I'm excited to give this class a try again tomorrow!

p.s. the ginger muffins were really, really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment