Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Good With The Bad

Today marks 5 days in a row!!

And 4 different people (including Husband-Elect) commented today that I was looking great and like I have lost weight. That's because I have! 5 pounds so far - I'm really excited!!

That being said, I know I've mentioned before that negativity has no place in this class, I just couldn't help myself I guess. Standing Bow just made me angry. And I was doing just fine on my right side, but the left side was a big hot mess. I have such an issue balancing on my right leg. And then through balancing stick, and standing separate leg stretching series I was just mad for really no reason. Just... angry. I guess some days are like, but it definitely took away from my practice.

By the time we got to tree, I was able to look at myself in the mirror, take some deep breaths and calm down. And then I got to lay down and relax for a minute, and the floor series went great! Camel was back! At least for the first set, I think a little of that negativity was bouncing around in my chest still, and the second set was harder.

I haven't mentioned it in awhile, but both tortoise and rabbit felt really good tonight. I actually felt my bum touch my heels in tortoise, and I felt like I was getting I really good stretch down my spine.

Even with all that going on, I felt great at the end of the class. The tension in my shoulders had melted away, and I saw lots of smiling faces outside the yoga room as I got changed to go home. I'm still excited to go to class tomorrow for 6 days/classes in a row!!

No comments:

Post a Comment