Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Sunday!!

Yin Yang on Sundays is really starting to grow on me. Today there was a lot of laughter and friendliness going on before class even started. It was just a great Sunday feeling, and a good set up for trying new things.

I like that it's fairly gentle, the yin postures definitely sneak up on you, but the heat helps you be a little bit more bendy. And we get to try something new each week, at our own pace. It's nice to work through new postures and make sure that you are doing them correctly. And then if it comes up in the Vinyasa class on Tuesday, you already have a good base before moving more quickly.

Today was just fun! I left class with lots of good energy and came home and got lots of things done! So much so that I nearly forgot to write this blog :)

We did some work on shoulder stands, which seemed much scarier than it ended up being. I would have liked to spend even more time going through that series. Although I'd probably be much more sore if we'd done it more.

I'm even starting to enjoy the free practice at the end of class as I learn more postures. Today my hips were really tight (especially the left one) and a few minutes in pigeon was just what I needed after spending most of class working on opening them up. I know I keep mentioning having tight hips, but I definitely notice that they're getting more flexible each week.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their Sunday! I'm going to try to give the noon Vinyasa a chance tomorrow - here's hoping I can make it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment